Monday, September 10, 2012

Oops, summer's over

What a summer!  Amidst the white pines but mostly deciduous trees of the Adirondack "Mountains" I laughed, played, swam, hiked, biked, ate ice cream and got in touch with my inner nine year old at summer camp.  Here is a brief list of things I saw/did.

-- Got used to carrying around my kids' baby teeth.
-- Applied various topical creams to campers' feet, butts and legs on a nightly basis.
-- Helped a girl wear her first braid.
-- Gotten excited about using gel pens.
-- Blatantly lied to children.
-- Pretended that How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days was about me for a bedtime story (they ATE IT UP)
-- Saw a FLYING SQUIRREL!  You guys!
-- Performed an original song in front of hundreds.
-- Pelted children with balls.
-- Skipped a heartbeat upon seeing anticipated mail in the mail bag.
-- Invented state laws preventing kids from doing things I don't want my kids doing.
-- Watched a guy try to clean up spilled mashed potatoes with a broom.
-- Stole clothes/toothpaste/sunscreen/floss/Q Tips/scissors/string/candy/soap/shampoo/markers, etc. from kids.
-- Laughed and laughed and laughed.

So yes, it was a fabulous summer. I even have freckles that I didn't used to have!


No comments: