Saturday, May 7, 2011

Top Fives

None of these lists are in any particular order and obviously I will miss/miss my family, friends and my cat the most so these things are besides them (and you, dear reader).

Top 5 Things I Will Miss About Chile:
Food (empanadas, choripan, hallulla, sopaipillas, berlines, sunys, trufas, mote con heuesillo, casuela)
Overwhelming popularity and stylish-ness of knitted clothing
Chilean Spanish/Chilenismos
Homes that are not afraid of color (or garish decor)
Street dogs

Top 5 Things I Will NOT Miss About Chile:
NESCAFE
Reggaeton/Bus DJs
Popularity of Mayonaise
Popular taste in clothes/jewlery/haircuts (except the good old baby mullet, obvio)
Machismos

Top 5 Things I Miss About the US:
Coffee/Coffee shops
Having a kitchen/cooking
Ethnic food
The Pacific NW
Extensive English libraries 

Top 5 Things I Do NOT Miss About the US:
Political shennanigans
Having a phone
Expensive public transportation/reliance on cars
Lack of baby mullets
A family of four not being able to go to the movies for less than $50

No comments: