Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Caminar

I do not take my ability to walk for granted.  Not everyone can walk, you know.  Not everyone has functional legs that will take them any which way they please.  Lately, as a thank you to my knees, ankles, feet, toes, hips and buns for working, I've been a-walkin.  I can make it to school in an hour if I focus but if I want to be leisurely and stop and take pictures, it's more like and hour and fifteen.  Time flies when you're listening to Wait Wait or Stuff You Should Know (I prefer to pretend that Chuck and Josh are hot young guns so I ignore the parts where they mention they're like, 40).  I like it because that cup of crappy tea when I make it home tastes a little better when I've been in the cold for an hour.  And I can stop and take a picture of anything I want, like this:
In other news, please recall that the seasons are switched in the Southern Hemisphere so today is the seasonal equivalent of December 14.  And I have to say, December royally SUCKS without Christmas.  It is so fracking cold that I wait until the last possible moment to shower (kind of a bad idea for a person none too intent on showering regularly in the first place) because I don't want to take my pants off but then stay in the shower for twenty minutes because it's so toasty.  Wait, I've got more.  It's so fracking cold that I sleep with my bra at the foot of my bed because if I don't, it's like strapping ice to my skin in the morning.  Like camping.  However, I have started reading by the fireplace downstairs while Abuelita knits and the sky tries to take the house down, which is pretty cute.

No comments: