Monday, July 18, 2011

So, I guess I smell.

Things that I didn't know would be different but are different than they were eleven months ago:

-Tualatin has a Jimmy Johns?!  Awesome.
-New Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book...not reading it is not an option.
-I had to update the information on my library card.
-Everyone thinks I smell different.  Combination of campfire (wood burning stoves) and old people (average age of people in my Chilean home including me: 57.5).
-...that's about it.

I read the Returning Home section of my study abroad info packet and am happy to report that I'm not yet experiencing reverse culture shock (although being happy is stage one...uh oh).  However, Bridgeport Village seemed...more sinister somehow.  Other side note, I keep practicing what I'll have to say to strangers in my head before I talk to them before I realize that they speak English so I can just wing it.

I am very happy to be home.

No comments: